Saturday, November 23, 2013

Addendum to Colombia's Conflicts

"The truth is rarely pure and never simple." - Oscar Wilde

I wanted to add an addendum to my post from last week.

Reading over it I realize there is so much information missing, so many questions provoked, and so many different sides to the stories.  I wish I were more articulate in being able to share all of the information that I am learning here with you.  I hope over the next two years to be able to go more in depth and share more about what I learn with everyone.  If you ever have any questions, please ask and I will do my best to explain what I know or find someone else who can.

My sister showed me a good reminder of the importance of being able to live and listen in the complexity of situations and to remember that nothing is black and white.  There are always other factors and other points of view.  It is good for all of us to remember that circumstances, politics, history, and conflict cannot be simplified down to being a "good" or "bad" thing.

Take a look:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-october-29-2013/good-badfellas---good-thing-or-bad-thing-

Life is complex and confusing.  But it is so beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment