Thursday, October 23, 2014

A Visit to My Other Home


“Wherever we are, it is our friends who make our world.” –Henry Drummond

At the beginning of October I had the opportunity to go to Minnesota and St. Louis to spend some time relaxing with my family, friends, and, of course, my boyfriend.  I had a great time seeing the beautiful fall leaves, running around the lake, drinking Caribou Coffee, catching up with friends, eating hamburgers filled with peanut butter, pumpkin pancakes, and cereal, surprising my cousins at school, agate hunting with my brother, and just relaxing with my family.  After a week in Minnesota, I went to St. Louis where I spent much needed quality time with Ken.  I certainly am a lucky girl to have a guy like him supporting me!  At the end of my time in St. Louis one of my best friends from college got married.  I am so grateful that I was able to be a part of her wedding!  Congrats Erin and Will!  

Overall it was a great time.  Strangely, the thing that I was most obsessed with while home was drinking fountains.  I could not walk passed a drinking fountain without drinking from it.  How awesome is it that drinkable water comes out whenever you push the button?!  So great!  I am quickly getting used to being without drinking fountains again since they have not been putting the water on very often in Libertad these days and I have been having to borrow from neighbors...  And that water isn't even drinkable anyway!  Haha!  

But honestly I love being back.  People ask if I was sad to leave, if I was dreading coming back, and the answer is absolutely not!  It is always hard to leave loved ones, but I love being here and I have a strong community here that loves and supports me as well!  I love being in the US with my family and friends, but when I am there I miss being in Colombia.  In Colombia I am so happy in the communities and I love the work, but I miss my family and friends.  So either way I am happy and miss something.  But that is life!

So here we go for another year here!
With my grandparents, enjoying fall

A freezing cold boat ride on Christmas Lake
Agate hunting in the rain with my brother








I finally got to meet Audrey- isn't she beautiful!?
Ready for a wedding!
The beautiful bride

Hippos!
A trip to the zoo with Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment